Saturday, March 14, 2015

There is a pot hole with my name carved in it.

Yes, it's true there is a road, with this NEARLY invisible pothole on it.
I've walked there a few times in the past few months.
I try to be careful.
However TWICE, it has has eluded me and I've taken a tumble, nearly spraining my ankle both times, and scrapping up my knee beautifully.
If knee scrapes can be beautiful. Which I highly doubt. But there you have it.

I woke up earlier than usual, got myself out the door. Missed the bus, decided to try and jog down to the other bus stop (which is an age and a half away) and in the process, scrapped my knee and hurt my ankle. For several minutes I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to carry out my plans, and I would have to cancel them, and I had been terribly anticipating them for almost two weeks.

I limped back to where I am living here, and one of my roommates was awake, she asked if I had missed my bus, and I told her I had, as I settled down on my bed to bemoan my pain, and think of canceled plans. She looked at the bus app on her phone (which I can't get to work on mine,) and said that there would be a bus in 2 minutes, literally, that is how long it takes for us to get from our place to the bus stop. I made it as fast as I could, and barely got on the bus. BUT I MADE IT!

I rode the bus, alone (a first for me). Then took the train for the first time...ever... well once before but that was only for 15 minutes so I don't REALLY think that counts, because I didn't even buy my ticket someone else did. There were no seats on the train, standing room only, so I stood. It was a long ride back but

And took an hour train ride to meet up with some friends, that really refreshed my soul. After helping out with some shopping at Costco our group then skipped off to one of their homes for a few hours, at this point my ankle was getting stiff and sore, but I kept going...and fell asleep on the train to the Lantern Festival. This was my third time back to the lantern festival (it's the end of the New Year celebration here in Taiwan.) It's a BEAUTIFUL place with all kinds of lanterns, but with a giant ram for the main event.

I filmed it, and uploaded it to youtube but failed to double check my spelling *head desk*


Hope you enjoy a little trip to the Lantern Festival here in Taiwan!











Happy Year of the Sheep!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a fun experience!! I mean the festival, not the sore ankle and scraped knee!!

    ReplyDelete